7. Has there been a particular year that has really stood out for you? Be it the music or events
Would have been ’92 doing Fantazia at Castle Donnington, in the summer. That sticks in memory a couple of months go by and still think jeeze. The set up the line-up, the date the stage everything!
8. During the mid nighties when jungle went quite rather dark there was quite a moody element and you had quite a bit of rude boy following. How did it feel as an artist knowing that this type of crowd was in attendance yet there was not much you could do about it?
I used to worry about it but then other times I’m not causing anything they would just be coming. But at the time I think it was important for what I was chatting, it was that dark era to blend in. So I dunno if I had a cause or influence of all of this it was just that time.
I go to the raves on my own I don’t really go with 50 mans following me, I just go on me own. They just follow me because my name is on the flyer just fans.
9. In 1995 Asylum aka L Double released ‘The bass 2 dark’ which features you’re vocal a massive drum and bass anthem.
How did that come about?
We met up at Amazon, Wolverhampton he check me we had a chat. It’s just the one liner –‘the bass 2 dark’- he done the rest with the beats, he made it complete with my voice that the bass is too dark that launched it. It’s still played now, in a German magazine it was reported that it was the most played and sold record in drum and bass.
10. You and Mickey Finn have built a fantastic reputation as one of the all time DJ and MC partnerships which goes back to ‘92.
How did you guys hook up and which other dj’s do you enjoy mcing for?
He used to come down to Birmingham for Coast to Coast he got on well with my brother, Mickey finn is god father to my brothers daughter. Mickey used to stay at my house if he was down here for the weekend so we just got on from day one.
I enjoy most I enjoy those who the heavy stuff I’m not into the technoish type thing, dark drum and bass I like Hazard, Jumping Jack Frost, Nicky Blackmarket, Randall they know to play that tune that makes me accelerate more. If the DJ play crap I don’t wanna mc for it, I just go in and out and my hearts not init.
To be fair there’s not many who I haven’t worked for I’ve even done Sasha at Amnesia house. There’s not many dj I haven’t worked unless thier up coming. I like all, not just big names I’ve work with up and coming if they got talent. I used to play for guy in Brighton he’s only 17 years old. He’s a good little dj, his tunes are precise his mixing was right gets his element from me. Me just being there for him having me chatting.
11. You are an integral part of the SDC (shadow demon coalition) which includes yourself alongside DJ Sly Trigga, Spyda, Shaydee, Juiceman to name a few.
Where did the name Shadow Demon come from?
Shadow is me, it’s my old reputation from when I was growing up, living through that name I can say that the shadow demon is me. When we are all together they are the coalition and I am the shadow so together we are the shadow demon coalition.
12. Apart from the SDC crew which other MC’s do you enjoy working with?
GQ, Fearless, Ragga twins, Eksman I can bounce off anyone really I enjoy working them people and I vibe off them too.